This delicious homemade Chipotle BBQ sauce using the Thermomix is so easy to make, and I’ll assure you that you never want to go back to shop-bought.
This Chipotle BBQ sauce is perfect with your BBQ meat or vegetables, to spice up your sandwich and on your pizza! Don’t tell the Italians as I’m sure they will disapprove. Use it instead of the tomato sauce and top it up with BBQ chicken thighs and caramelised onions. Bon appetit!
Don’t have a Thermomix? Check out my notes at the bottom.
- 130 gram white onion into quarters
- 110 gram butter cut in pieces
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 TBS dark brown sugar
- 3 TBS malt vinegar
- 2 TBS worchester sauce
- 1 TBS tomato puree
- 2 TBS Chipotle ( tinned Las Costena)
- 1/2 TS sea salt
You can tweak this BBQ sauce CookIdoo recipe using my ingredients or follow the steps below:
- Place butter, onion and garlic in mixing bowl then chop 5 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Sauté 5 min/120°C/speed stir (0.5)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and replace measuring cup with simmering basket and simmer 10 min/100°C/speed 1
- Blend 1 min/speed 8
- Serve or store in sterilised jars or bottles.
Don’t have a Thermomix? Follow the steps below.
- Chop the onions
- Melt the butter and fry the onions till soft
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 15 minutes on low heat
- Blend until smooth
Use as a dip, for glazing meat or vegetables on the BBQ or prepared in the oven. Don’t forget to check out my recipe of BBQ pizza with chicken.
Keywords: Chipotle BBQ sauce, bbq sauce, chipotle sauce, chipotle recipe