It is that time of the year again! The courgette plants are not only producing delicious and stunning flowers but a lot of courgettes too. I tend to pick them early so they are nice and delicate. For this recipe, you can use yellow or green courgettes, even squash, but make sure you only use small ones and take the seeds out.
Delicious for lunch or dinner
This recipe of the frittata is perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. You can serve it with a green salad or a chickpea salad if you want a more substantial meal.
Here is my quick allotment haul frittata recipe.
It is that time of the year again! The courgette plants are not only producing delicious and stunning flowers but a lot of courgettes too. Here is a quick frittata recipe for brunch or as a main served with a homegrown salad.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 400 grams courgette roughly chopped
- 35 grams of tree spinach or regular spinach
- 4 sliced spring onions
- 2 hand full of chopped coriander
- 2 tsp my special curry powder or a regular mild one
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 75 gr. of feta
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Fry the courgettes until soft, this will take approx. 5 minutes. You don’t want them to be soft.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute
- Then add the coriander, onions and the egg mixture. Mix everything and add pepper and salt to season
- Crumble the feta over the frittata
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes until the top is solid
- Put the frittata under a hot grill for approx. 3 to 5 minutes until brown
Serving suggestion: serve with a rocket salad mice with a little olive oil.
If you use squash, make sure you take out the seeds.
Keywords: courgette, spinach, brunch, courgette recipes, courgette frittata, frittata recipes