The delicate flavour of Persimmon makes every dish special, but you can replace it with mango if you can’t get hold of them.
To save time you can make the Persimmon salsa the day before, so you only have to assemble the Gamba and Persimmon starter on the day of entertaining.
The special touch in this recipe is the Cambridge chilli sauce from Orriss & Son. Launched in November 2020, this small batch chilli company is slowly making its name of giving your food an extra layer.
- 4 Gambas cooked ( or raw and then you grill them)
- 4 teaspoons of Fresh Tendril chilli sauce
For the salsa
- 1 Persimmon
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper ( use more if you prefer it spicier)
- Season with ground pepper and sea salt
- Core and peel the Persimmon
- Cut the Persimmon en brunoise
- Mix all the ingredients of the salsa
- Dress the plate with the salsa and 1 teaspoon of Fresh Tendrill chilli sauce
Keywords: Starter, Gamba, amuse bouche, Persimmon