This quick paneer recipe is perfect for a brunch or a light supper. For an extra kick, add green chilli. I used Apetina paneer, which I think is one of the best shop-bought ones.
- 1 finger aubergine
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- 1/2 white onion ( small)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 2 ts chopped coriander
- 100 gr paneer
- 1 ts curry powder or my aromatic Ayurveda style curry powder
- pinch of pepper and salt
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Cut the aubergine in half and then half again so you have 4 quarters. Slice it into strips.
- Slice the pepper in strips
- Cut the tomato into small pieces ( not too small) and chop the onion
- If you like it hot, you might want to use 1 green chilli. Chop it up.
- Heat the olive oil add all ingredients apart from the tomato and curry powder and season it with pepper and salt.
- Fry on a low heat and make sure you stir it a few times ( approx. 5 min.). The aubergine needs to be slightly brown.
- In the meantime slice the paneer and fry gently in some olive oil. If you have a blow torch you can slightly brown it.
- Add the tomatoes and turn to the lowest heat. Let is simmer for approx. 3 min. The tomatoes shouldn’t be mussy. Season again with pepper and salt and add the curry powder.
- Ready to eat! Add the vegetables on the plate sprinkle with coriander and put the paneer on top.
Keywords: Paneer, Brunch , Vegetarian, paneer recipes, paneer brunch