These delicious Persimmon bruschettas are easy to make and are pretty addictive! I have created a vegetarian and a meat version using labneh instead of cream cheese. The local small batch chilli sauces from Orriss & Son give it a special touch. Of course, you can leave these chilli sauces out, but it does make these Persimmon bruschettas rather special.
Orris & Son produce three chilli sauces at the moment. For the Persimmon bruschetta with tomatoes, I have used the Even Flow Habanero chilli sauce, which is spicy but not too hot. I finished the Persimmon and Bresaola bruschetta with the Fresh Tendril chilli sauce. The nettles in this Jalapeno sauce give this bruschetta a refreshing flavour. Almost mint like.Print
Persimmon Bruschettas with tomatoes or Bresaola
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 MINUTES
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Starter
- Method: Cold preperation
- Cuisine: Italian
Two recipes for Persimmon Bruschettas. Simple and easy, but so delicious. I have used Labneh for the topping, but you can use cream cheese instead.
I prefer using Ciabatta rolls will as they will make every bruschetta the same size.
For these Bruschettas, I have used local chilli sauces from Orriss & Son, which are made in small batches and are without any additives.
- 2 Ciabatta rolls
- Labneh, approx. 12 teaspoons
- 4 to 6 Cherry tomatoes – each one cut into 6 pieces
- 1 Persimmon
- 4 slices of Bresaola
- 4 teaspoons of Fresh Tendrill chilli sauce
- 4 teaspoons Even Flow chilli sauce
- Take the ends of the Ciabatta rolls
- Slice each bun in 4
- Toast them in the oven or in a toaster
- Peel the Persimmon and cut in thin slices and then in halves or in four slices depending on the size
- Spread the labneh on each slice (approx. 1.5 tsp per slice)
- Top one with Persimmon and cherry tomatoes
- Top the other 4 with Persimmon and Bresaola
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of My wave over the Bruschetta with the tomatoes and Persimmon
- And finally, drizzle 1 teaspoon of Fresh Tendril over the Bresaola Bruschetta
Keywords: Starter, brunch, amuse bouche, Persimmon