Looking for a showstopper, which doesn’t take too much time to prepare? This prawn and Persimmon cocktail is a perfect starter or amuse bouche for the festive season or part of an Alfresco dinner during the summer.
Make the salsa the day before, so the only thing you have to do is marinate the prawns in the Piri Piri sauce, My Wave from Orriss & Son, and dishing up the starter. You can replace the Persimmon with mango if they are out of season or can’t get hold of them. Just make sure that the Persimmon is not overripe as the salsa will turn into a mush.Print
Entertaining is fun and even better when the food you have to prepare only takes minutes. I love simple and healthy food, and this starter or amuse bouche is refreshing and definitely a show stopper!
I have used my favourite Persimmon Salsa which I use for my Gamba recipe.
A quick marinate with the Even Flow chilli sauce from Orriss & Son gives it a nice kick.
- 150 gr cooked prawns, I like to use the larger ones
- 2 ts My Wave Chilli sauce
- 2 cups of Persimmon salsa
- Put the prawns in a bowl
- Just before serving mix the My Wave Chilli sauce. Add more if you like it spicier
- Add the Persimmon salsa in a glace. The quantity depends on the size of the glass.
- Top the salsa with the prawns or 1 prawn if you have a small glass
- Garnish with coriander
Keywords: Starter, prawns, amuse bouche, Persimmon