This easy oven roasted courgette recipe is very easy to make. You can serve it as a main, starter or as a side dish.
You can pimp it up by crumbling feta over the top, dry roasted pistachio nuts or fried chorizo before serving. The recipe below is for two mains.
- 4 medium courgettes ( approx. 13 cm long)
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin of white beans, drained
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle of dukkah
- 2 teaspoons of coriander, chopped
- Heat up the oven 200C
- Make slices in the courgette. Make sure that you don’t cut through the courgettes
- Mix the harissa and olive oil
- Put the courgettes on a baking tray and brush 2/3 of the harissa oil over the top
- Cook for 30 minutes and take the courgettes out of the oven. Open the slices slightly with a knife. Brush the rest of the oil on the courgettes, making sure it goes into the cracks too.
- In the meantime, blend the white beans, a pinch of salt and the lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Cool down in the fridge.
- Pop them back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dukkah and coriander over the top
Keywords: courgettes, oven baked courgettes, harissa courgettes, courgette recipe, vegan courgette, vegetarian courgette