Crunchy power food!
This delicious and healthy sugar-free banana bread tastes almost savoury. Not like the regular ones, which not only are sweetened by the bananas but added sugar too. Instead, I have added linseeds, chia seeds and a selection of nuts.
You can eat this sugar-free banana bread just as it is or with a savoury topping such as cream cheese or cheddar. Perfect for breakfast or a pick you up during the day.
The best thing about this banana bread is that it is not only loaded with antioxidants, fibre, Omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, vitamin C and E and magnesium but low in calorie too. A regular slice of banana bread is approximately 300 calories, and this sugar-free one is less than 100 per slice. So you don’t need to have any guilty feelings when you get addicted to the delicious bread.
Which equipment to use
I have used the Kitchen Aid for this banana bread, but you can do it by hand too. It will take you longer, though. Using the Thermomix is not recommended as it will lose it’s crunchiness as it will grind the nuts.
This banana bread is not like your regular sweet ones. It is more like a savoury loaf. I have added nuts, chia seeds and linseeds, making it a healthy snack or breakfast.
It is a staple food at my house. I always make extra so that I can freeze it.
- 3 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 ts coconut oil
- 150 grams spelt flour
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin sees
- 1 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp linseeds or milled linseeds
- butter for oil the cake tins
- Pre-heat the oven on 180 C
- Put the flour, eggs and banana in a mixing bowl. Mix together
- Add the rest of the ingredient and mix until you have a nice dough.
- Oil the cake tin.
- Put the dough in the tin. Sprinkle a few nuts over the top of the bread.
- Bake the banana bread on 180 C for 45 minutes.
- Leave the bread for 5 minutes in the tin before turning it over on a work service.
I always make two at the time, so I can cut them in half and freeze them. This sugar-free banana bread freezes well, and you can keep it in here for up to 3 months.
Keywords: banana bread, sugar-free banana bread, vegetarian bread, power food, nutty banana bread