My healthy kickstart of the day
Since 2014, I start my day with a glass of homemade vegetable juice. I don’t have a sweet tooth, so fruit juices don’t do it for me. This juice contains, carrot, cucumber, a good dose of ginger, fresh turmeric, celery and beetroot. It is a good start for your daily intake of 5 a day.
Which juicer to use? Keen to find out the difference between a slow juicer or a versus centrifugal? Head over to my review page.
- 95 gram cucumber
- 450 gram carrots
- 70 gram beetroot
- 45 gram fresh ginger
- 6 gram turmeric
- 105 gram celery sticks
I keep the ingredients in the fridge so the juice comes out nicely chilled. Cut the vegetables into rough pieces and add them to the juicer.
- Cucumber – high in antioxidants, aids weight loss, may lower blood sugar
- Carrots – vitamin A, B, K1, potassium, B6
- Ginger – relieving nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness, and pain
- Turmeric – potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
- Celery – vitamin A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate, low in sodium and on the glycemic index,
- Beetroot – a great source of fibre, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C, associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure and increased exercise performance
Keywords: vegetable juice