This banana bread is not like your regular sweet ones. It is more like a savoury loaf. I have added nuts, chia seeds and linseeds, making it a healthy snack or breakfast.
It is a staple food at my house. I always make extra so that I can freeze it.
- 3 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 1 ts coconut oil
- 150 grams spelt flour
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin sees
- 1 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp linseeds or milled linseeds
- butter for oil the cake tins
- Pre-heat the oven on 180 C
- Put the flour, eggs and banana in a mixing bowl. Mix together
- Add the rest of the ingredient and mix until you have a nice dough.
- Oil the cake tin.
- Put the dough in the tin. Sprinkle a few nuts over the top of the bread.
- Bake the banana bread on 180 C for 45 minutes.
- Leave the bread for 5 minutes in the tin before turning it over on a work service.
I don’t recommend using the Thermomix for this banana bread. You will lose the crunchiness as the nuts will grind down. The best result you get using the Kitchen Aid or a similar machine.
I always make two at the time, so I can cut them in half and freeze them. This sugar-free banana bread freezes well, and you can keep it in here for up to 3 months.
Keywords: banana bread, sugar-free banana bread, vegetarian bread, power food, nutty banana bread