This perfect spicy passata gives your pizza a delicious kick. It is quick to make and full of flavour.
I often make a double batch so I can freeze it, and it will save me time next time I make pizzas or I use it for a spicy pasta dish. For an even bigger kick, add the spicy Italian sausage Nduja.
This spicy passata is perfect as a base for a pizza or for a vegan pasta dish. Add chorizo or Nduja and a handful of spinach, you’ll have the perfect pasta dish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- A handful of basil, shredded
- Season with ground pepper and salt
- Tin of plum tomatoes
- Fry the red chilli and garlic for 2 minutes on a low heat in a pan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the basil and let it simmer for approx. 15 minutes, season with pepper and salt.
- Make it into a smooth sauce with a hand blender.
- Let it cool down for at least 1 hour if you want to use it for pizzas.
Keywords: sauce, pizza, tomato sauce recipe, passata, spicy passata, spice tomato sauce, pizza sauce